Security at the match was intense. We had to pass through six security gates just to get to the stadium. When entering the stadium, the extra batteries I brought for my camera were confiscated because, who knows, I might have decided to chunk them at someone!
Our seats were in the upper deck with the away fans, and we had to make sure not to cheer for Boca.
The pregame ceremonies just continued the fun. Notice the inflatable Energizer tubes. They were used to bring out the players - for their protection and for Energizer's marketing dollars.
The section in the far end from us was the standing only section filled with the craziest of the Boca fans. They sang and jumped up and down the entire game. They also brought huge banners and fireworks.
Boca ended up winning the game 3-2 and are now in a playoff for the championship. The win prompted the crazy fans to shoot off their roman candles. And I wasn't allowed to bring in batteries for my camera!
The rioting and hooliganism are important, because they make up for the entertainment value lost to the fact that you CAN'T USE YOUR HANDS!
ReplyDelete